Unofficial Blog of SHINee. WELCOME to the world of PEARLESCENT AQUA BLUE
Sunday, 24 February 2013
SHINee PROFILE : KEY
Stage name: Key (키) Birth name: Kim Kibum (김기범) Birth date: September 23, 1991 (1991-09-23) Position: Rap and sub vocal Height: 181 cm Blood: B Training: Since 2005 S.M. National Tour Audition Casting Hobby/Interests: Rapping, dancing, water skiiing, English, Mandarin Appearances: Attack of the Pin-Up Boys (2007)
Facts about Key
1. Key always cares about SHINee’s welfare. Often, he’ll go to the CD shop and ask, “Where are the SHINee CDs? Are they selling well?”
2. He has a love-hate relationship with horror movies. As much as he yearns for them, he can’t bear to watch them. He likes them, yet he dislikes them. Because of this relationship, he’s lost his image/composure at the cinema many times, so now he has to rent them as videos/DVDs to watch them at home (and continue to scare himself in the process!)
3. Is a confident ‘gourmet’ chef. No-one has ever escaped from his dumping trap. Ever.
4. Key says, “To be an idol, it’s not enough to just put in effort in the front appearance, your back appearance is important too.”
5. It’s his nature to take care of people. First he took special care of maknae TaeMin, but it extended out to the SHINee members, then everyone else he meets. JongHyun sometimes complains about Key’s constant nagging and ability to sound like an umma (umma is the Korean term for mother.)
6. He feels dizzy and nervous (and unsafe!) when suspended in midair, or in high places (he has a terrible fear of heights, therefore cannot ride rollercoasters, etc…)
7. He chose his stage name ‘Key’ because it’s an easy and catchy name to remember; plus, it’s the shortened version of his birth/given/Korean name “KiBum”
8. TaeMin says Key is the one who has improved the most from their debut (and trainee days) TaeMin says that Key’s hair is fine and straight now, but before it was quite messy and curly.
9. Key is an extremely gifted water-skiier!
10. He was the one who suggested his hair for Lucifer. Originally, he suggested it before Lucifer, but they didn’t think it matched their other concept so they used it in Lucifer.
11. He remembers the day when he walked in the CD store and bought SHINee’s first CD.
12. He’s confident that if he were to become “Yunhanam”‘s director, the viewing rates would go up greatly.
13. Key’s talent is girl-group dancing. He can do everything from SNSD’s Genie, Hoot and Gee, to Kara’s Mister. He can even dance to T-ARA’s Bo Peep, BoA’s Hurricane Venus, and more. Is there nothing Key can’t do?!
14. Key says that when he visits home, his parents and friends ask him to do girl group dancing instead of performing SHINee’s songs and dances!
15. Key says that he can memorize girl-group dances after learning them once only!
16. Key’s home is in Daegu (he originally comes from Daegu) and when he’s flustered, nervous, or excited, his Daegu accent accidentally comes out while he talks.
17. Key once sang Ke$ha’s hit song, “Tik Tok”. Watch the video on YouTube, it’s hilarious!