Stage name: Jonghyun (종현 or 鐘鉉) Birth name: Kim Jonghyun (김종현) Birth date: April 8, 1990 (1990-04-08) Position: Lead vocal Height: 174 cm Blood: AB Training: Since 2005 S.M. Casting System Hobby/Interests: Watching movies, Poppin (dance), writing lyrics, playing the piano, Mandarin Appearances: Zhang Li Yin’s 交錯的愛 (Wrongly Given Love) Family: Parents, sister
Facts about Jonghyun
1. Because he loves R&B so much, he wants to shine forever (like bling bling) He uses this nickname alot during instant messaging, etc…
2. When he’s nervous, he talks fast. But since he already talks a lot, no-one really notices.
3. Cried out loud when they won an award for their song, “Juliette”
4. “If I meet an alien, I will definitely be scared at first, but after awhile when I get to know it, I will consider how to send it back home.” – JongHyun
5. There is no shortcut to acheiving perfection, just hard work and more hard work, if he is unable to take it, he will hide in the toilet for a cry, and then continue to work even harder during practice.
6. Wakes up the earliest in the dorm, will wake up Key after he is done with washing up, Key will then wake Onew up, then Taemin and lastly, Minho — “I am the one who wakes up the earliest! I am most confident about it!”
7. Believes he is the best at ‘skinship’. This was proven during the recordings of Hello Baby.
8. He’s extremely rebellious and outgoing.
9. He has a popular hair flip which he does often. Lots of people claim his is better than Justin Bieber’s hair flip, but who knows?
10. Speaking of Justin Bieber, recently, JongHyun and Key have been listening to Justin Bieber’s music. “I’m looking forward to his next album.” says JongHyun.
11. Dated actress Shin SeKyung on 2010. Guess what? He already said during Hello Baby that his ideal type was Shin SeKyung, and in an interview SeKyung said that the idol group she would like to meet the most was SHINee. Broke up in 2011.
12. Writes lyrics for SHINee's Juliette, Obsession, Up and Down, Honesty, Alarm Clock, and co-writer in many other songs